- Contact the admissions department to schedule an appointment for a personal tour of the facilities and an interview for admissions.
- Each student will be given a personal tour of the facility and an interview with a school official to determine the student’s level of motivation and written/verbal communication skills. Students must pass a Wonderlic Basic Skills Exam with a score of 303 (12th Grade Reading Level Minimum).
- Once it is determined that the student meets the school’s minimum admissions requirements, an admissions application with a $50 application fee will be accepted and reviewed by school officials.
- Upon acceptance, the Director will send a letter advising the student of their accepted status.
- Students applying for initial admission are required to provide a copy of either a high school diploma, transcript, or G.E.D. reflecting successful completion of high school level education.
- The school will complete an Enrollment Agreement for the student’s signature. If the student is under the age of 18, the student’s parent or guardian will also need to sign the Enrollment Agreement.
- Students may secure their enrollment with an enrollment fee of $100 and a deposit towards the total cost of the program. See the Enrollment Agreement for an itemized listing of costs for the tuition, fees, equipment requirements, books and sales tax.
- Prior to the start of the program, each student must participate in an orientation meeting. The student will be given a review of the institute’s policies, receive program calendars, and course outlines.
Students attending AMP have 3 options for securing financing to attend the program:
- Members 1st Federal Credit Union: Students across the country can apply for the Members 1st VISA card for tuition. All payments start with a 1.9% introductory interest rate for the first 6 months then standard rates apply. It is recommended that applicants find a joint applicant with a suitable credit score. This loan can be accessed online at the following link. Choose “Credit Card”, then “VISA: Platinum Select (No Rewards)“. Students can apply for this VISA by clicking here.
- ACNB Bank: Students living near Adams County PA and the surrounding counties including the northern central counties of MD can apply for the “Student Line of Credit” available through the ACNB Bank. This student loan offers both a secured and unsecured option and offers a competitive interest rate. Students can borrow an amount to cover the cost of all tuition, equipment and living expenses. Students can apply for this line of credit by clicking here.
- AMP’s Internal Financial Plan: For those who either cannot get approved for a bank loan or have the funds to pay directly, AMP offers an internal financial plan designed to fit most budgets. For more information about this program, please contact our offices at 800-661-2981.
Vocational Rehabilitation – State
AMP is an approved training program through your local county office of vocational rehabilitation (OVR) programs. To find your local office click here.
Veterans Affairs GI Bill & Voc-Rehab – Military
AMP is a VA approved program. Military benefits from the GI Bill and Voc-Rehab can be used toward tuition.
AMP’s housing assistance helps students acquire suitable housing and roommates while attending the school. AMP provides students with publications and private listings of apartments in the local area. In addition, our housing list provides other students with important information to help make solid roommate choices. Students are also encouraged to use online housing listings, including www.craigslist.org