PHOTOGRAPHY & DSLR VIDEO PROGRAM
Our Photography & DSLR Video Production diploma program teaches students the foundational skills of photography and digital video production, ensuring a well-rounded, marketable skillset that affords students job opportunities in both fields. Visual content creation is a universal, highly-profitable industry, and such content has never been in higher demand than it is today. As a Photo/Video student, you will be surrounded and inspired by other motivated, talented, and artistic students as you learn everything there is to know about a camera, and the countless creative things you can do with it.
Never before have we seen the corporate explosion of jobs in still photography that we are witnessing today. As the world focuses on generating more online content for marketing purposes, employers are seeking well-rounded individuals to create visually stimulating content to use on websites and social media. This activity draws viewers to the company’s website and in turn strengthens their SEO and search rankings, leading to higher sales. This demand for trained photographers is what is fueling the job growth in this exciting and fast-paced field.
YouTube. Netflix. Hulu. Facebook. Instagram.
Video is everywhere. Despite a lot of content being recorded on smart phones nowadays, careers are built on expertise in video production. Whether they dream of working in Hollywood films, online content creation, or commercial videography for local businesses, our students prepare for such careers through hands-on application of the fundamentals of moving images.
Students learn the entire process: pre-production scriptwriting, on-set video production, audio production for video, and post-production editing. Every hit TV show, major motion picture, or social media star has a crew of video production experts behind them; our students study everything they need to join that team, or create something entirely their own.
PH101: Photography Fundamentals
- Identify historical events in the development of the photographic process
- Identify iconic images and the photographers who took them
- Understand the features and functions of the Digital SLR camera
- Understand the lighting & composition that goes into capturing a professional quality photograph
- Understand the functions of Adobe Lightroom
PH102: Studio Lighting Concepts
- Light and how to obtain desired results using the studio and on-camera flash.
- Lighting patterns and lighting ratios.
- Application of lighting techniques used in a variety of professional photographic jobs.
PH103: Digital Editing & Asset Management
- Understand basic & advanced features of Adobe Photoshop
- Understand the digital photo printing process
PH104: DSLR Video Production
- Understand basic & advanced HD video capabilities of the digital SLR camera
- Capture high-quality audio to be used in the video
- Apply the editing functions of Adobe Premiere Pro to both video and audio tracks to produce a professional video.